View Single Post
Old 03-08-2001, 01:24 PM   #17
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Spoilers about battles, monsters and their locations !
I also found the battle up in the tree of life harder than the one down in hell, but then again, for me, there were actually three battles: up in the tree (hard), against the fiends (very hard, but partly because of serious tactical errors on my part)- Jon just did not bother to participate and finally later against Jon all by himself - very easy and anticlimatic. But with Keldorn in your party mages are mostly at your mercy anyway. And even very hard is relative category here as I made it through all 3 parts without casualties and reloads.

So very and extremely hard should really be reserved for:

1) the beholder dungeon in the Underdark without cloak and shield of cheating (Oh my god - at some times I wanted to turn myself in to spellhold for an extended treatment).

2) The Sewer gang

3) the Beholder/Gauth part of the Unseeing Eye Quest

4) the Mindflayer dungeon in the Underdark

5)All of the three lesser liches (gate district, guardians of the Kaangax parts) in Athkatla without Keldorn: they had same magic protection on them which I was unable to identify and to disspel in many tries. Since I wanted not only to survive the battles, but to "figure" them out, I invested more energy in trying to top them with spells instead of just finding any way to kill them which resulted in many reloads and lots of frustration.

6) the Mindflayer dungeon in the sewers

7) The Underdark Balor

Surprisingly fast and easy were the Rune Gang battle, but I tackled them at relatively high level, had been warned, got lucky and helped a great deal by a bad scripting of the opponent's battle tactic, so that I could actually take them out almost one by one.

------------------
So long !

R³ - Co-president(s) of the Club of Broken Hearts

[This message has been edited by Ramon de Ramon y Ramon (edited 03-08-2001).]