View Single Post
Old 08-17-2011, 11:26 PM   #185
Cerek
Registered Member
Iron Throne Cult

Default Re: Economy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timber Loftis View Post
I'm going to ignore the JD and Cerek chin music for the moment. Mostly because they are saying Buffet is a hypocrite for not writing a check to the government, when in fact I see him referencing a pledge regarding philanthropy, one that I see him backing up. Maybe JD has a beef about Fruit of the Loom, but as I see it the company was going to die, and he saved it and kept it American.
As usual, you lump anyone who doesn't agree with you into a single bin without actually reading what is written. That's not chin music, it's just laziness.

John D. never said anything making sure billionaires pay less taxes. Instead, he stated the exact opposite...that Buffet should put his words into action and take steps to pay more taxes. For this, you called his post contrarian.

I never called Buffet a hypocrite - go back and read my post again and you might see that this time. All I said was the same thing I just pointed out again; that you accused John D. of saying or supporting one thing when he actually said the exact opposite in his post. All I did was others have suggested Buffet's might be hypocritical for not putting his money where his mouth is.

I'll even make it easy for you and reprint the last part of my post again ---

It IS admirable that Buffet says he and the others in his league should be paying more taxes. It will be even MORE admirable if they actually step up and do something about it.

See? Nothing there saying Buffet is a hypocrite. Instead, I'm saying it is admirable he thinks our tax system should be changed so he and his buddies pay a larger share and it will be even MORE admirable if they put those words into action. I didn't call him a hypocrite for not doing it. I simply suggested his words will carry more weight if he backs them up with action.