View Single Post
Old 02-06-2004, 06:42 PM   #11
Berik
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi guys,
Let me explain some things a little better. When the reformat was done, only c drive was completely reformatted, wiped clean. In an attempt to save the game and some music files both D & E were not reformatted. Now since the problem with the game I have tried to reformat D, but it would'nt let me. The friend who performed the c reformat from the disk (I am not very computer Savvy) was totally surprised about this and could not explain. The reason I put the game on D was because he told us to only ever put Operating stuff on C in case I was locked out again. I guess so I would not loose heaps of progs and data like last time. I moved the game back to c per your suggestion, no change. I am unable to access game settings at all as it crashes as soon as the opening video finishes. in fact unless I uninstall and reinstall I don't even get the video. Nada, I click to start game and It opens a black screen for a few secs and then crashes. Yes, the deep 6 is marked to run in compatibility for 95. As for a list of the background progs can someone explain where to find this, I have found it before but for the life of me can't find it again. All I did was disable all progs that were shown as running in the tool bar. As I said, I am familiar with my computer, but not savvy. I have brought and begun Dungeon Seige as I was getting desperate for some questing, but still would love to be able to play WW, so if you need any more info, let me know.