View Single Post
Old 03-08-2002, 12:42 AM   #8
Dakkon Darkblade
The Magister

Wow not a bad start to posting guys, keep it up!

I got the Silencer +2 done, it works fine now, and is quite handy... my Swashbuckler did a double damage backstab to Nalia (which was funny), and we all know that Swashbucklers cannot backstab for more than x1.

So here's what it sounds like, in it's final steps of creation... (I just want to play with the colors... pretty colors...)

Silencer +2

This mysterious blade has had countless users over the centuries, and it would be impossible to go back and track them all. It's creation is shrouded in rumors, some saying that Mask himself gave it to one of his trusty assassins, who then was the product of an ambush by another vengeful diety, possibly Cyric and many of his fanatical priests.

Others say that it was commissioned at great expense by an assassin by the name of Nightshade, by a Dwarven smith friend of hers, to aid her in her sometimes psychotic frenzies of blood.

Perhaps a third opinion would retain that Mask did create the blade, and Nightshade knew about it, wanting the blade for herself. She then would have had to stalk that thief for many days, and finally, ambush him and end his life that way.

In any case, it is believed that thousands have perished from being caught at the end of this disreputable blade, and it's sharper edge is permanently stained in blood.

STATISTICS:

Special Abilities (While Equipped):
+20% to Hide in Shadows
+20% to Move Silently

THACO: +2 bonus
Damage: 1D6 +2
Damage type: piercing
Weight: 2
Speed Factor: 0
Proficiency Type: Short Sword
Type: 1-handed
Usable By:
Thieves

----

Interesting, to say the least. About Elemental Damage, I have a Long Sword (which I made when I was getting used to the controls of IEEP and all that), which has a 50% chance of Level Draining the target by 2 levels, 50% Chance of doing an additional 2d5 Electrical Damage, and a 50% chance of doing an addition 2d5 Additional Magic Damage. It was a +5, and kind of broken, so I wasn't going to include it in the Jalerho's Super Happy Magic Fun Shop unless you guys wanted it there.
Up to you.

I got the Ring of Disease to work a little while ago... has one charge once per day, and everyone in the area of affect who fails a save at -2 is affected with 30 seconds of Disease and a minute of -3 Strength. It's balancing effect is that it can work against you too... and *can* affect party members if you're not careful. If you guys want that in there, you can say so in further posts later on I guess.

I'm working on my Armor of Corruption still a bit, playing with the features of "When you get hit, this happens"... *chuckles* Ended up poisoning my own character by mistake the first test run, but that's fixed... I'll finish it later.. not a priority.

I still have that Staff of Crippling, which is probably too broken for the shop... here, I'll post it for you guys...

----

Staff of Crippling +3
This fabled staff was once the powerful companion weapon of a Druid by the name of Grethrek. It is said that he found this staff upon one of his many meditative walks through the forest, washed up upon the shore of a river running through it. Upon closer examination he was able to figure out, eventually, that the staff was no mere rod of marble... but indeed was a lot more.

One day he was walking through the forest again, using the staff as a walking stick to climb easier, when little did he realize, he was ambushed by a militia of Ogres and kin, wanting everything he had, and for him to take them back to his Druid Grove, where they would undoubtedly rape and kill the inhabitants. Well, being the noble druid that Grethrek was, he stood up against these ogres, making a remark about their stench, which they just laughed at him over. Their leader Gardush attacked him, to show to his partners in crime how tough he was, but upon every successful blow of the Staff of Crippling, Gardush felt weaker and more sickly, and later, as the attacks continued, Gardush ended up horribly disfigured before Grethrek finally put an end to his life. Grethrek was extremely pleased at what his eyes could barely believe, taking on a couple more of the ogres before they ran away for their dear lives.

It is said though that Grethrek, as many do when faced with such a powerful weapon, let his pride get in the way later on in life. Some 5 to 10 years later, he was encountered by a strange group of shadowy creatures, and all that is known of that fight, is that he didn't make it out alive.

STATISTICS:

Abilities (Once Per Day):
Health Boon:
User Temporarily Gains 50 Hit Points
Duration: 1 turn
Range: User

Combat Abilities (Each Successful Strike):
Enemy struck temporarily loses 2 ability points from each attribute for a duration of 1 turn. (Cumulative)

THACO: +3 Bonus
Damage: 1d6+3
Weight: 5
Speed Factor: 3
Proficiency Type: Staff
Type: 2-Handed
Requires: 10 Strength

---

One problem with that is that I need to make it so you can't simply go back and forth between that and a different weapon and end up healing yourself all the way... (Or worse, which I found out, I ended up with my mage having over 300 health lol.) I'm looking at the Helm of Balduran to correct it, since it does the same thing basically.

I'll work on a couple elemental weapons or armor... you know what I was thinking on doing? I was going to create like some kind of weapon for each "Sphere" of magic, or each type of elemental damage... that might be kind of cool... maybe later write a quest out about collecting them all to form a better blade... (I have a set of characters I've created that you can fight... and I'm currently working on dialogue and scripting... and I'll research how to make good quests).

The Ying and Yang blades I'm looking into... the idea of two opposite blades are cool. I've posted on Goulum's pages, and actually it was my original mention to create a mod if you read them closely.

That Helm is hilarious about the good berries... I think I'm going to create that.

The trap-sword idea is interesting... I wonder if possible. I'll play around with the parameters and see what I get.

Cerek the Barbarian, if you see this, I'll need your e-mail address to send the Silencer +2.

Azred, if you see this, you should jump on board too. [img]smile.gif[/img]

My e-mail is xen_nova@hotmail.com if anyone would like to reach me, remember.