Thread: LOF: Awakenings
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2007, 05:56 AM   #261
dplax
Jack Burton

Plaxica

The words of the woman are strange to Plaxica's ears. There is no need for avian-enhanced senses to know that she is not a master of the language. The sunlight illuminating her and her close vicinity, natural sunlight, in the midst of the raging storm more than puzzles Plaxica. He had expected his call to be answered by the Windbringer, but this woman, still but a young, almost teenage girl from her looks, was obviously not the being known on these forums as the Windbringer. Her laughter momentarily lifts Plaxica's spirits as does her offer of food. "We are greatful for your generous offer," he says and curiously approaches the food. It is simple, but nourishing. Daniel digs in curiously, while Ramella only takes from each item for the taste. Plaxica takes only a few mouthfuls, his mind too occupied for hunger to be felt.

He sees caution and curiosity in the eyes of the young woman. She is right to be cautious of course. Chance encounters do not occur at this altitude and in these conditions. He studies the young woman, wondering who she is and even what she is. However much the wind blows, however the clouds above swirl, never does she leave the patch of sunlight...or is it the patch of sunlight that never leaves her?

It was time to satisfy her curiosity. She had called him here with her singing and Plaxica had questions of his own of course, but he felt that he had to open up first. "I seek the one, whom they call the Windbringer. I know it might seem far-fetched, but I thought that I may find him or be able to contact him in a place where the winds reign." His ears pick up the sound of distant wind whistling in the cracks among rocks miles away. A small rock is blown off a ledge by the wind, its fall long and resounding among its still immobile companions. Plaxica turns his attention back to the young woman. "Can you help me find this Windbringer?" He deliberately does not say 'find him'. After thinking that this woman could have been the Windbringer he has come to realise that he does not know whether the Windbringer is male, or whether he even has a gender.
dplax is offline   Reply With Quote