View Single Post
Old 11-25-2000, 02:06 PM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

well gosh, I thought Laurel just sort of came with lockpicking skills but I guess, upon reflection, she didn't. Does sound like something you'd have to learn at the thieves guild. Let me flip a few pages in this less than average strategy guide upon which I squander my $$ and see if it can enlighten us.

(sound of flipping pages) (hey, how come you can do a [img = etc. etc. but there isn't a [sound = wosnamedeafening.mid ????)
(more flipping pages)
not under SKILLS..... (flipping pages)
not under TRAITS..... (flipping pages)
Oh, okay - there is no such thing as lockpicking in W&W which explains it's omission from the strategy guild. The fact that you can buy lockpicks and can actually see it as a skill in your character journal is just to mislead you to think that it exists while the programmers happily laugh at you when the chests blow up in your face.

So the answer is: (flipping more pages) kindly look up this under TRAPS & LOCKS (not lockpicking).....
To which the tome of limited wisdom expounds upon the virtues of increasing this skill as quickly as possible but tells me naught on when and where and how and why and who and if and wossname.
HOPE THAT HELPS!!!

Wyv