View Single Post
Old 11-19-2001, 10:01 AM   #18
Whailor

As I stated, it was pretty much when I started BG2. So the chars were not very high lvl. Also a lich which casts Time Stop is in my eyes "sneakier" then the lich which doesn't cast it. The one at the Gate area cast Time Stop, it also Mazed my main char as I recall now (or whatever that spell is, where the char is surrounded by 2 walls which close in), used Meteor Shower (which pelted Yoshi), Abi-Dahlzim (on main char) and what not else. I aint much into spell names, but he sure packed some firepower. Not to mention some spell which eminated out of him outwards, smacking Minsc flat on the floor (spell looked like circles eminating out of him, but not a full circle, rather the 'sectors', and like 3 circles in a row). This was actually the first case when I said "Darn, have to reload, the main char is Mazed". I expected the game end, as it usually does as I recall. But it didn't. I couldn't select my main char for some time, he had this red cube icon on him, which looked like a labyrinth. I wonder if it's one of the fixes I got from Baldurash which kept my main char alive. In any case, that lich sure packed some punch.

Much later, the liches I smacked in Amaunator Temple didn't definately put up such a firework. My main char came out of the Maze, all buffs gone (he had many on when he got Mazed), but by that time the lich defenses were worn down or smacked down my Aerie and Jaheira (who were out of those debuff spells as well). In any case, I could suddenly select my main char, and he smacked but once (some 30+ critical) and the lich went down. Some spells shot up, but they already went on the corpse.

In any case, that lich definately wasn't anything too easy. I wasn't very high lvl, neither my party (all were over 10 but not above 13). The other liches so far have actually given me much less trouble, mainly of course due to my advantage: I am in the area before they spawn [img]smile.gif[/img] So I can set snares and chars and prots etc.

One overkill too: in Planar Prison, I went after the Warden with my main char. I slapped on the Boots of Speed and Enrage, figuring it's enough since he just had a battle with thralls and was worn down. Well he wasn't so worn down at all, in fact he had about 6 Yuan-Ti's with him (3 mages and 3 Greater, don't recall seeing them there last time). In any case, he was more then ready and my char got waxed. I don't know how, I had 50% HP and next thing - croak! Dead. That I didn't like. So I reloaded, killed the Master of Thralls and then started to buff. Oil of Speed, Boots of Speed, Drap Upon Holy Might, Enrage, resists and what not else. Basically I was covered up to the eyes with the buff icons. And here's the overkill part: my char runs to the Warden and WHACK! With a single hit smashes him into minced meat! I did check it's HP and it was just as it was last time. I used the Blade of Roses and Sword of Balduran (extra magic resist aint bad ever). I was looking at the screen with utter disbelief that I even didn't manage to get the damage info hehe.. I know it was critical, char screamed something and the screen was shaking, but dang... Such a preparation and it's all over with a single hit. Sheesh.

I had some few second fun though, the Yuan-Ti's came now (3 mages and 3 Greater again), but before they could say "Tadaa!" they were already chopped, as Minsc would say, into "foe-shaped chunky bits".

[ 11-19-2001: Message edited by: Whailor ]