Thread: The Boogre Bar!
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2001, 11:05 PM   #48
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

You oughta hear about my party's meeting with the Sphynx. I was travelling along, on my way to the Shrine of Anephas, when I was stopped by the Sphynx. He wanted me to answer a riddle for him. Unfortuneatly, I answered the stupid riddle wrong. Well, at first I put up a pretty good fight, spells flying, swords swinging but then he starts using a gaze attack on me and before I know it, everyone but my Warlock is insane! Of course, the only one left is the weakest (physically) of them all! And to further impair things, he ran out of mana very shortly after! So, to recover the mana, I started running.... and running. Well, I shot little things like Shock and Burn a WHOLE lot but then, I'm attacked by a bunch of Centaurs! I decided to run and concentrate on the Sphynx. I kept going and going and there were LOTS of Centaurs after a while and a goodly number of Raptors about too and a few Scourge o' the Seas as well! I kept on shooting little dinky spells at this seemingly omnipotent sphynx and just when I thought things couldn't get any worse, they did. 3 Jungle Lilies spawned out of no where! By now it was night so I couldn't see a thing!!! Well, I decided to run for my life! Luckily, my Warlock had a few Cure Poison potions on him so he could cure the little bit of poison he'd received and I found that I'd been ignoring the sun book for quite some time so I had 1 firestorm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was perfect timing too, the Jungle Lilies, the Sphynx, and some Centaurs were all right there!!!! All the Jungle Lilies died (I don't know how it did THAT much damage), the centaurs predictably died, and the Sphynx was weakened (some at least LOL). Well, after another half hour of shooting burn, shock, pain, and an occasional spectral raven or even Iceball, the stupid Sphynx thingy finally died!!! I cast Call of Home, fixed my little insanity problem, and went on to the shrine of Anephas.

-Jafin

------------------

I am Jafin, arch-mage of the HADB clan!