View Single Post
Old 11-28-2001, 05:10 AM   #12
Whailor

As was said, Gesen's is slow yes. Not to mention that I have had quite many battles where Gesen bow doesn't do a squat, since the target is either very magic resistant or just plain immune. I canno't recall all the names of those targets, but there was plenty of them to warrant the fact that Gesen's Bow is not the "top of the notch". Not to mention that in many cases the damage done by it is pretty pathetic.

Tuigan Bow is definately good for starters, due to the high attack round, but carrying the arrows around became soon too "old" hehe.. Tanseron's Bow was luckily not hard to get, neither too far, until that Tuigan Bow will be just fine (for thief classes anyway). I think - though I may mess it up with something else - that you can also get some neat crossbow, in the place where you also get the Elven Court Bow +3 and Flail of Ages (that's a big tip!). Wasn't there even some +5 crossbow somewhere? Also the crossbows seem to have quite nice amount of different bolts, bow arrow selection seems tad smaller and bullet selection for slings outright pathetic.