View Single Post
Old 10-28-2009, 07:11 PM   #7
Chewbacca
Zartan

Default Re: BioWare going Facebooky for DA:O Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritWarrior View Post
I dunno, the more I see of this game the more I start to wonder. It seems quite dumbed down due to it being on consoles, almost like Oblivion was. You know, everything can be accessed via one of three buttons etc. Streamlining is nice, but consoling is not since we end up with what feels like a port to PC.

Also, the graphics are a bit too dark for my liking, and the whole mood is very grey/bland. Maybe i'm totally wrong, as i'm judging from short snippets of gameplay and cutscenes but I amn't getting *too* excited until I play it and see. Even if the above points are true, if the gameplay is fun and rewarding it won't matter.
Some great and innvoated roleplaying games were born on consoles, so it's wouldn't set any precedent for DA:O to have depth and be a console game. There is also the benefit of modern console power. I know it's gonna look baller and run smooth on my PS3 vs my 3 year old vista machine with a passable GPU. Makes me wonder if there is a mouse and keyboard option to play it on the consoles...?