View Single Post
Old 11-06-2003, 09:36 PM   #2
manikus
Jack Burton

i pretty much agree with just about everything you said, tarlanon. i think showing the world at large a finished project would be more beneficial than showing an almost finished project. (and by finished, i just mean 1.0)
i love to read the freeware reviews in the game magazines b/c they always talk about the passion of the creators and i think it plays better to hear about the finished-but-ever-improving project than about the project that is good and might be great if it gets finished. (the core community knows how devoted cocoaspud is, but some games magazine writer doesn't.)
with that said, once we are ready to advertise, we've got a pretty darn good project, with lots of support and some really well done fan sites. i think the only thing missing, aside from 1.0, are a couple of good, short designs that illustrate what the engine is capable of doing. plus, we can then point people to the designs that harri has already done to show them the kind of quality and versatility possible with dungeon craft.

i also feel that cocoaspud might have some thoughts on this and should really be the one asked when it's a go.

now, as for me as pr person...

-manikus