View Single Post
Old 08-30-2004, 09:15 AM   #9
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
Yeah Donut - our football team lost. Tell me - how are your UK guys going in the Olympic football - you must be through to the medal rounds by now surely .

Tri-nations - bugger - we scored 3 tries to 2 but couldn't kick straight again. When are the IRB going to realise that people go to the game to see tries - they should increase the number of points for a try to 7, drop a penalty to 2, and a drop goal to 1 (damn useless things should only be used as tie-breakers).

Wiggins beat McGee - no surprise there. How come you didn't crow about the Hoy boy as well in the 1km? Was that because he is actually Scottish?

It is nice to finally hear something from you Fred on the Olympics. I was expecting it would probably be after you started to register a few medals on the tally board to register a little respectability .
The UK doesn't have a Football Association so we are ineligible to enter the Olympics.

Please don't try the old "divide and conquer" trick. In times of war and during the Olympics we are a "United" Kingdom!

(How many Athletic golds?)

As for Hoy! I knew his Old Man!
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show