View Single Post
Old 03-15-2001, 06:58 AM   #49
Kellin da Mage
Dungeon Master

One rule I remember and have always used in my game is this.

Elminster is exactly at least 5 levels ahead of the highest level mage in your pary.

And who said that wile your gaining levels, they are not out doing the same thing? The published stats are just a snap shot of them at the time, not something fixed in stone.

I don't know about this expantion. Around 20th level the PnP game starts to fall apart. Warrior's to hit numbers are well into the negatives, they have AC really low. Mages have 9th level spells which include the wish spell. Mean damm you can wish just about anything so where do you go from their? Clerics are about as sick and wrong as warriors in combat and have powerfull spells. At this point a thief can pretty much hide and sneek in Plate if he wanted!

In the 2nd ed AD&D the game tables end at level 20. So all the talk about the special abilities and such will be implemented from Black Isle, not TSR's version. They should be in the spirit of D&D but I think they will lean towards a more Diablo II'ish style special ablity.

We still have the mother of all evil dragons to kill, a terrask, and how many gods would not want to see a new God of Murder? No matter weather your good or evil. O life is good! Bring it on babie.

"Butt kicking for damm near any reason!!!!"

------------------
--Kellin da Mage--