View Single Post
Old 03-21-2010, 07:17 PM   #6
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Default Re: Fraud and Breach Complaint Filed against Atari over Dungeons & Dragons License

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timber Loftis View Post
WotC fights Atari. I don't know who I want to lose more. It would be nice if they could both lose.

I agree totally. I felt sickened when HASBRO bought AD&D (I still like to call it that)
WotC has been sitting on their hands or making REALLY poor decisions when it comes to Games for the PC or Consoles.. Come on, get a good developer and crank out a killer game.

And they pretty much killed the Forgotten Realms. WotC pissed the hell out of nearly every novel reader jumping ahead 100 years. This means nearly EVERY SINGLE character we loved is dead in the world now.

It pissed off some (now ex) Authors that have been fleshing out their characters, only to find out they're dead now. (WotC is FORCING them to write about the Spell plague).

I mean, some of the novels are okay, but.... With Mystra dead, and loads of new gods, loads of new lands... just seems like a reboot, when one wasn't needed. They had TONS of land and another continent to explore yet in the 'old' FR'..

Bah... As Bruenor would say......

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote