View Single Post
Old 02-13-2006, 10:28 PM   #9
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

I'm trying to rework my website so that it is far easier to update than my current version -

Currently I have different gallery pages with 9 thumbnails each that link off to larger images of the paintings - but making additions is such a pain, requiring that I update just about every page on the site (don't ask - it's just a lousy design because I was trying to avoid frames)

Okay - NEW PLAN -

to have a slide show that displays all the paintings -

EVENTUALLY (as in NOT YET) when you click on the image of a paint you will be taking to an informational page about that painting BUT

for now all I'm trying to test is the slideshow itself

You need flash - probably the latest version and if you don't have it, I'll have to figure out how to tell you to go get it on that page ....

so if you do manage to get the slide show

Does it load quickly?

If you mouse over the image of the painting do you get a drop down caption about the painting?

IF you mouse over the navigational numbers at the bottom of the slideshow do you get popup thumbnails?

IF you click on one of those navigational numbers - does it take you to that image?

NOTHING ELSE ON THAT PAGE IS SET UP TO WORK SO DON"T GO CLICKING "home" etc etc. -

I just want to know if you can see the slideshow

(sigh)
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote