View Single Post
Old 10-19-2004, 11:02 AM   #6
Jim
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by SixOfSpades:
3) ALL Bards suck. Some people persist in believing that they can fight, but I do my part to dispel this fallacy.
The blade has the potential to be an exceptional fighter (with enough patience and nurturing), thanks to decent dual wielding and spell buffing.

The Skald is redundant with ToB, and the standard Bard is too weak offensively. The Jester on the other hand is a great kit to play. Greater Malison + Invisibility + Bard song = fun fun fun.

Quote:
Originally posted by SixOfSpades:
4) Assassin->Fighter has the highest possible Backstab damage, unless you take a specific NPC into account.
Only with one very specific weapon (well, two I guess, both staves), and that's due to its immense base damage. Using any other weapon, the kensai->thief will come out on top afaik.

Quote:
Originally posted by rily83:
4)Between a fighter/thief or a kensai->thief and an assasin(thief subclass), who does more backstab damage? Cause kensai->thief has grandmastery in weapons while an assasin only has proficiency. I once did 200+ damage wif my kensai->thief(critical hit) so do you think an assasin can ever reach that high, even wif the x7 multiplier?
The highest theoretical damage an assassin can do on a critical backstab (dualled from fighter) is 466 (or there abouts). One particular NPC Six hinted at can beat that though A pure assassin could probably manage around 320+. From your list though, the kensai->thief would own them all (if dualled at the optimum level).

[ 10-19-2004, 11:14 AM: Message edited by: Jim ]
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote