View Single Post
Old 03-07-2004, 12:39 PM   #8
Seraph
Quintesson

Quote:
If so I would like some tips,
Well, here are a few tips in no particular order.
Mages and fighters are the best classes in the game. My normal party tends to be 2 Fighters, a Theif, a Good Cleric, and two Mages. While they are not much to look at when you start, it's pretty impressive what a pair of fireballs can do (espically in areas full of weenies like the Nomad Camp, or the Kobald Caves). You'll fight a lot in halls that are only 4 squares wide, so you don't really have a need for more then 4 characters capable of attacking. The Fighters, the Cleric and the Thief are all capable.

The western wilderness tends to have the toughest random spawns, it's ok to mess around the central wilderness at a medium level, but I would wait a while until you go west.

The graveyard is probably the toughest level in the game. Wait a long time after you get the quest until you do it. You'll also want a good cleric, as his turn ability will help you out here.

Save magic weapons, it's not uncommon to encounter things that can't be hit with normal weapons. (I'm actually thinking of a specific example, fairly early in the game, two if you don't know the password).

The fine composite longbow is the greatest thing ever. Get them as soon as you can, and you should be able to mow down the weenies as they move twords you.