View Single Post
Old 09-14-2001, 03:35 PM   #33
skywalker
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Absynthe:
A debt of honor to General Lafayette. Hmm, haven't thought about that in a while Diogenes. Curse of the modern world, there: forgetting our history in the face of the daily hurly-burly.
One thing seems to be generally missed in this thread; "From each according to their abilities to each according to their needs" In most cases, America is better able to offer assistance and rarely in need of it. We have had many offers of aid in the current crisis which some of my countrymen would apparently rather ignore in order to further their point. Just what their point IS, I have no idea, but I hope it is made soon and to their satisfaction so that we may be able to move beyond yet another source of division in this time of trouble.

I just posted a link to an older opinion from Gordon Sinclair. I said it had no bearing on current events, just that it seemed to connect with the subject of this thread. Don't paint me as being ungrateful for help from other countries. I never wrote that. I just remember that it would bring a tear to my eye when this document WAS current. I'm not ungrateful!!!!

Mark