Thread: BEST TIPS!
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2003, 10:02 AM   #162
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Originally posted by Saz:
SCREEN CAPTURE PROGRAMS

For those of you who want to take screenshots of interesting things happening during the game, I have researched some download sites on the Internet where you can get some of these. All of these are "freeware"; that is, you don't need to pay for using them (or feel guilty if you don't!). All should work with Windows 95/98/Me and some will work with Windows 2000. Check first before downloading.

WinGrab 1.34a This is the one I'd recommend for most users.

Howie's Quick Screen Capture. This one has been recommended by another forum member (Scronan?), but we lost the link for it when the forum moved (smooth move, guys!)

Free Capture 1.5.148 available from DaveCentral

Snap-it also available from DaveCentral

Spinel ScreenPik 1.3 also available from DaveCentral

SWBCapture

Grabbit2

Grabber2K

You should be able to find something in this list you can use in lieu of the ALT + Print Scrn default function in Windows. Basically what you want is a program that will allow you to do multiple captures to bitmap or another file format. You can then load it into Paint (or a better program, if you have it; I'd recommend Paint Shop Pro if you can afford it ($99 US), or it's available as a free download for a limited time use (60 days) if you just want to do some basic photo manipulation and try it out.

Anyway, have fun with these, and hope you can get some good mileage out of them. If you find a really hilarious or interesting shot in the game, post it here (must be .GIF or .JPG format). If you wish, you can e-mail me the bitmap file at bignord@lycos.com (please, no files in excess of 400K!) and I'll convert it to .JPG or .GIF and mail it back to you.

Also, if anyone wants one of their screenshots used in a Gael Serran Examiner, e-mail me at the link above and I'll see if we can work your picture into an "article"...you'll get full photojournalist/reporter credit for it!

Have fun!

-Sazerac
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote