View Single Post
Old 09-14-2001, 03:21 PM   #176
Tuor
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:

*ahem* "replying in the manner you have is not going to help the situation Moni."?
I think I was pretty civil about it!
You came here and argued my point of view first, not the other way around.

Perhaps we both understood each other. The main point of this thread was based on the fact that Americans DO care about the rest of the world.
I don't know where it became limited to the fight against terrorism specifically but more "do we view ourselves as more important than the rest of the world".

My point was that we are there on a world-wide level and for you say that our bases act as deterrants against enemy attacks was exactly my point. We are there.
How many foreign military bases are set up in other countries world-wide for that purpose?

Not to be rude but because I have tests to study for right now, I am not even going to address the rest of your post until we can agree or disagree that we are on the same page...it would be pointless to say anything if we are both at a misunderstanding wouldn't it?

btw, The attack against the Marines in 1983 was a terrorist attack. A truck bomb driven into a barracks full of sleeping Marines. I don't remember any more details and I can't find any online references for you but if you want, I can ask people who do remember more or do research in the library to get you more info.

I think we're both arguing the same point from different directions, I just got a bit cross because I thought you were accusing me of slating the US' foreign policy-which I wasn't. I also thought you were a bit abrasive-with hindsight you probably weren't so apologies.

Good luck in your tests btw