View Single Post
Old 10-29-2002, 07:51 AM   #3
Spelca
Emerald Dragon

Well, in Slovenia we have three kinds of elections; presidential, for the parliament, and local ones. The presidential elections are every 5 years. We have the most 2 voting rounds here. If no candidate gets an absolute majority of votes in the first round, then we have a second round of voting, where the two people with the most votes in the first round are voted for.
The parliament elections are every 4 years (usually). The voting system there is proportional. I think it's the same with the local elections... [img]smile.gif[/img]

1.Do you vote and if so on a regular basis
Yep, I've voted on all the elections I could vote on so far.
2.Do you look at the National picture or your local needs?
Well, I basically look at the way I'd like my country to go. And then I chose the party/person that fits.
3.Do you vote for the encumbant that has done ok or go with "the new guy" who has fresh legs and new ideas?
I look at which party 'put them forward' and of course what their stands on issues are. I don't mind voting for somebody with new ideas, as long as I like them. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Certain stands on issues are quite important to me so I usually look at those first. And then I decide on the rest of them. [img]smile.gif[/img]
4.Do you research your politicians past voting record or go by word of mouth?
Do you mean how people voted for this person the last time? Well, I listen to what people say, what I read in the newspaper and I research it too. [img]smile.gif[/img]
5.Do you pay attension to all the negative media or research your politician?
I do both. [img]smile.gif[/img]
6.Do you vote picking the better of the two jsut to say you voted for someone even thow your not happy with it?
Actually I'm in this dilemma now. We have the presidential elections soon and I can't decide between two of the candidates. I'm not completely satisfied with neither of them, but I will still vote for one. I just have to decide which I think it's better - I have to research them a bit more. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I hope this helped.