View Single Post
Old 11-05-2001, 01:51 AM   #11
Tim Tam
Dungeon Master

Level 1: I agree with all

Level 2: Same

Level 3: We really do think alike

Level 4: I find spiders arent strong enough summons, and Emotion has no save modifiers even though its nice when it works. I prefer Wizard Eye to help guide my Projected Image, and Secret Word to avoid wasting higher level spells removing enemy Spell Shields and Immunities.

Level 5: I rarely need a Sunfire when I can position myself quite easilly to use a Skull Trap instead, so I chose Chaos for the large groups of critters Id rather have fighting each other while Im re-equipping the Staff of Magi and laughing. Id rather use Finger of Death than a Feeblemind so I chose to put Breach in to help out my summons just in case.

Level 6: With Chain Contingency later on normal Contingency is a waste, especially if Im not getting Dispel Magic, so Ill grab Chain Lightning to have a damage spell at this level.

Level 7: Same, but I get Project Image first, nothing like free spells and item charge usage.

Level 8: I have no need for Spell Trigger when I have Sequencer, I havent any level 5 or 6 spell picks that I want to cast together, cept lower resistance and chain lightning but I can live without fast casting them until I get Improved Alacrity. I took Pierce Shield to have another level of spell remover/resistance lowering seeing as I wont be getting spellstrike. I take Powerword Blind over Symbol Stun, smaller radius but it works similarly without saves or affecting my summons or myself. Simulacrum is another I chose, great to have another caster on a moments notice who may not have as high level spells as you, but can use your items without depleting charges.

Level 9: Apart from Time Stop I can do without any, but Ill take Chain Contingency. I find Wish only gives you the good stuff 1 in 4 times and I hate it, Ill make do with spell trap from staff and simulacrums/PI. I have plenty of spell removers so spellstrike is unneccesary, even though it is great to do it all at once just not at the expense of an extra Time Stop. My 2 other spell picks for this level are Imprisonment and Freedom. Tough enemy? Imprison him, then rest, set up some defense or skull traps and cast freedom.