View Single Post
Old 01-26-2005, 03:25 AM   #13
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hierophant:
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmar:
I can't see jail reformatting their brains into the train of thought that makes them think that maybe, just maybe stompin' on said kitten was morally wrong, personally I'd say an ass-whupping would.
And I think it's high time we, as a culture, abandoned the idiotic notion that 'morality' is a universal constant. [/QUOTE]Morality may not be a universal constant.

But on this planet, with regards to humans beings, honour/morality is just good manners.

Lose that, and our society will destroy itself far quicker than it is currently doing.

That tiny peice of moral fibre, that litte itsy-bitsy grasshopper on our shoulder, whatever the thing telling us what is right and wrong in a given situation (odds are on the brain [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) is what prevents me from randomly throwing a brick at my neighbour's head, and typically what stops another from setting a kitten on fire.

Let's be realistic, the idea of right and wrong may only be "figments of our imagination", but it sure is convinient ain't it? I wouldn't like to contemplate the alternative.