View Single Post
Old 02-08-2002, 01:16 PM   #27
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
Ahhhh, that's what we call blancmange I think! Kind of a firm custard.
Bread pudding, yes I'm familiar with that very stodgy the way we make it here, with dried fruit in it - and it weighs a ton. Can be eaten hot or cold.
We are very fond of puddings here in England, there is even a group called 'The Pudding Club' which is for devoted fans. They are traditionally made with suet (pork or beef fat, but veggie suet can also be used), but these days are more often made with a lighter flour recipe, for the more health concsious attitude today. The mixture is put in a glass basin with the other ingredients (meat, offal, bacon, dried fruit, jam, syrup, whatever!) a piece of cloth is tied over the top with string, then the basin is put in a large pan of water to simmer on a low heat for an hour or two.

ooooo! Can you e-mail me some recipes for these different puddings/custard? Or do you have a link? (I'm studying to be a chef, you know, so I'd LOVE to try some new things. [img]smile.gif[/img] )
[img]\"http://home.earthlink.net/~moraine_sedai/_uimages/dragonmage.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> [img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/hero2.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Alureth...Dragon friend of Lady Breanna<br /><br />Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.<br />Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force<br />Mother Hen of IW and Mage extraordinaire.<br /><br />Utterly in love with my soul mate, Hiram.