View Single Post
Old 09-24-2001, 10:09 PM   #49
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Moridin:
1)Where do we find him when we do convict him? How long should we allow him to find a place to escape and hide
2)How many more attacks will be made in the time it takes us to convict him, find him, extradite him, and imprison him?
3)Who said this is a FULL SCALE MILITARY WAR? We've barely scratched the surface of our military capability...yet everyone is talking like this is WWII all over again

We are not going after a man with a knife here...we cannot treat him like a common criminal! He used three of our planes to kill 6300+ innocents, and you want to treat him like he robbed a Seven Eleven

In answer to your questions:

1)If we didn't friggin advertise we were coming after him with our military right now, and showed a little patience and craft, we probably would have a much better chance of actually catching him. And that can be at any time before or after he is actually convicted (i.e. anytime), so long as we have sufficient evidence (probable cause) to believe he is guilty (and if we don't already, why in hell are we calling out the military to go after him anyway!!!!)
We should "allow" him only so long as it takes to actually catch him, obviously! Good luck catching him now with the current method!!!!!

2) See # 1 above. As for the technical mechanics of an indictment, it could be done tomorrow, or could have been done already (it's just a friggin piece of paper making allegations!!!!) provided we really do have sufficient evidence of his guilt (and again if we don't, what the hell are we doing right now!!!)

3) Yes, I am painfully aware that America is quite capable, in the name of really all out full scale war, destroying pretty much the whole human race. Yes, compared to that extreme possibility, the deaths of innocent Afghanis might seem but a poor drop in the bucket. That does seem to be the reprehensible mentality of so many of my countrymen.

Finally, I do not consider anyone who commits the heinous crime of Murder to be "a common criminal," particulary not someone who murders so many people. Nor do I view this as like "robbing a 7-11." (Though I certainly do not take robbing a 7-11 as the minor offense you imply it is) Clearly it warrants the Death Penalty. Do you not agree? What else does your approach promise to give him, huh? Something greater than Death? Tell me what it is, I want to know.