View Single Post
Old 10-29-2001, 11:27 AM   #12
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

I shall start off by saying point 3 is a moot point, Aerie is not meant to be a fighter, and that is it. Sureeee, you can tool her to be one, you can also make Minsc to be a Cleric.

Aerie in my opinion, is a better Mage than Jan. Although Jan has more Mage spell slots, he cannot cast Necromantic spells.

The nice thing about Aerie is that she has the best of both worlds, she may not be able to cast level 8 Mage spells in SoA, but she still has powerful spells from her Cleric side.

It is always fun to combine Priest and Mage spells in sequencers and contingencies.

Lastly, if you can handle the loss of high-level Turn Undead, Aerie is all the Cleric you need, with Mage spells to boot.

Aerie is not meant to be the main mage, she excels as a secondary mage, while she prepares the enemy with Breaches, and such, the main Mage can unleash Hell on the enemy.

In the end however, I could rant on and on until I froth at the mouth and die from a heart attack, but the final decision is still up to you. If you still feel she is too 'frail' for your party, then so be it, it is after all, your party, but know that many people have successfully played with Aerie without her even dying once, including me. It is amazing what Stoneskins can do for any Mage.

------------------
If not a Sorcerer casting total oblivion, then a Cavalier meting out justice. Otherwise, I think I will just be a Blade and torture my enemies with, "My Heart Will Go On".

Platinium Sorcerer of Aerie Loving Sacred Band!
-------------------------
Party Sorcerer Spell List, v1.03
Dragon Slaying Tips
For your daily dosage of insanity,