View Single Post
Old 10-23-2001, 10:45 AM   #1
hagimihale
Manshoon

I was in the Drow city, Ust Natha. Just finished rescuing Phaere and returned to the tavern to rest until my next quest. There are several fighting pits in there.

I have Anomen (16th level) tanked up with Flail of Ages, Crom Faeyr and Boots of Speed (very nice combination). Sent him in against Lasaonar and summoned a Skeletal Warrior to help out. Beat Lasaonar and his woman, Chalinthra, challenged Anomen. Summoned a 2nd Skeletal Warrior for this fight. (since I accepted her challenge immediately, the first Warrior was still in the pit). Chalinthra was a tougher fight but no problem for Anomen.

The next 3 challenges are for mages only. My main character is a 15th level sorcerer with the Staff of Magi and Robe of Vecna. Gave him Anomen's Boots of Speed and immediately challenged, and the 2 Skeletal Warriors were still there. Summoned a third against the 1st mage, a 4th against the 2nd mage and a 5th against the last mage. Had no problems at all.

Point being, accept each challenge immediatley and the monsters you summon will still be in the pit for your next fight.