View Single Post
Old 06-03-2002, 01:31 AM   #9
vesselle
Hathor

heya krull

as far as "is it worth it to wait for the patch?" goes, only you can decide that. we don't have an ETA on the patch. nor do we know what it'll fix.
add to that a time limit on refunds for games at your game store, so only you can decide.

this game taxes most peeps systems. from the beginning, bethesda has stressed it would be full of top of the line eyecandy requiring lots of yummy-good/expensive equipment.

for the questions:

go the Asus page for your motherboard.
...in the drop down menu, choose "Socket A"
...click on "A7V333" (middle column, second from the last)
...scroll down the page, to the bottom.

here you will see the drivers needed for your particular board.
~~near the bottom are the CMedia Sound Drivers for Windows XP
~~under it is the USB driver update (get it)

download both and install them

notice that they have the Via 4-in-1's version 4.37 and while the 4-in-1's are usually for all Windoze versions, i recommend getting the latest ones at VIA.

go here for your VIA drivers [img]smile.gif[/img]
download the drivers for WinXP and read the file that comes with it for installation. these are the 4.38, which are the latest.

since you don't know about them, i will lay odds you have not upgraded them and that could be the crux of your problem, hon.

boy, i had fun doing that research! i was reminded that the VIA pages stink! they are too unorganized for this girl's brain, at least!

good luck, hon!

V***V

[img]graemlins/chaos.gif[/img]

EDIT

PS:

btw, hon..

re-installing the game can correct any corruptions that occurred with the first installation. it's always a good thing to do when you run into problems that seem to have no immediate cause.

i used to have to re-install baldur's gate 2 periodically because it would just flake out on me. [img]smile.gif[/img] haha! usually its me that's the flake!

::shrugs, smiling:: go fig!

[ 06-03-2002, 01:59 AM: Message edited by: vesselle ]