View Single Post
Old 12-06-2001, 01:27 PM   #17
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

quote:
Originally posted by Tasselhoff:
I do love the DL series, dont get me wrong just look at my name, But as far as reading, for all who havent read R.A. Salvatore books READ THEM!!! His telling of the Dorw way of life and the city easily paints a great picture and I think out writes Margaret Weiss.

Honestly, I think My favorite Characters in his series are the evil Dudes, Uthegental and Artemis.

Has anyone read the new book that was just released? If so, I heard that Wulfgar is alive?? True?

Tas

Actually, Tas, that book came out about a year ago. It was the 3rd or 4th in the new series featuring our IceWind Dale Heroes. Are you sure you want to know the answer?

OK. YES, Wulfgar is alive and eventually rejoins his friends....but his personality is MUCH different. I won't give away the plot line, but it is a good book. The Silent Blade leads to his return followed by The Spine of the World which deals exclusively with Wulfgar coming to grips with his personal demons.

I just got the latest book in the series The Servant of the Shard from Amazon.com.

I also agree completely with Tas about Salvatore's writing style. He is - IMHO - the BEST fantasy writer since Tolkien. I have loved every one of his books that I have read (and I've read most of them). All of his books are a "fast read" with exciting characters and loads of action. I highly recommend them. You can go to Amazon.com and look under his name, or even visit his official website to learn more about the man himself.