View Single Post
Old 12-06-2001, 09:18 AM   #11
Kaleban
Manshoon

Sorry man, but titles like "A New Hope" and "Return of the Jedi" are a bit more inventive than "Attack of the Clones." At least the first two evoked images of rebellion and adventure, the new title could indicate a medical horror story propagated by abortion-clinic bombers.

And as I understood them, the movies were about the characters, not the technology or what could be done with CGI. The first trilogy broke new ground in movie effects, but you still had GREAT performances from Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, and even Mark Hamill. The original had style, panache, and was intended for ALL audiences, not the 5-12 toy market.

I will be sorely dissappointed, as I'm sure many others will, if the movie turns out as you say, with little to no character development. If that's the case, how does Anakin ever turn to the Dark Side, or rebel against his master, or a love triangle emerge? Perhaps you should find out more about how a movie works before you speak about its merits or shortcomings.