JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

Default Re: just got nwn2, now what a good class to start

Quote:
Originally Posted by darnapkin View Post
i'd like to end up with a rogue fighter type, but that would very easily change

maybe end up being an assassin, or a weapon master

so how should i go about being that?

be a fighter for so many lvls? then a rogue?

and how many lvls?

any help would be lovely
Think of what kind of fighter/rogue you want to take. Strength based with shield? Go for less rogue than fighter levels. Strength based with two-hander? Might think about going full rogue and taking feats for frenzied berserker. Dex based, dual-wielding*? Take mostly rogue levels, invest in dex, take two-weapon fighting feats. Dex-based, parry/rapier? Take some duelist levels. You might decide to throw some assassin in any of these, but remember, if you want to multiclass, it might be wise to invest in the feat that lets you put only one point in the cross-class skills (swift learner?).

*I had one of these and you can beautifully mix this with the five levels of invisible blade, if you start taking invisible blade levels every uneven level from 10, and rogue on even levels from 10. (prepare to sacrify rogue only feats (of which actually only crippling strike and improved evasion are useful anyway) for invis blade required feats like feint and weapon focus (dagger). The feint feit on this class coupled with the bluff bonus from invis blade makes sure you're doing sneak attacks every round. If you've done it right, you can take epic precision AND perfect two-weapon fighting at lvl 21.

Last edited by JrKASperov; 01-22-2008 at 04:34 AM.
JrKASperov is offline   Reply With Quote