View Single Post
Old 01-28-2002, 04:43 PM   #10
PeeWee
Manshoon

quote:
Originally posted by chevalier mal fet:
While not really useful against boss level enemies, its amazing how effective the 5th level spell chaos is thruout most of the game. One chaos spell quickly cast into a horde, of even fairly high level enemies usuall ensures that at least half of them are too confused to attack you for several rounds, allowing you to go over and put a beat down on that mage whos buffing himself up.

What are the good spells tho to use against that mage who is buffing himself up? In other words, what spells would a good mage use to buff himnself up first? Then what spells are there to knock these defenses down? I've written a lengthy post earlier under the daystar describing my fight against a caster. Was great but wasn't anything solid.

Also, what can one tell by graphics like what do the buffing spells look like or how do you know if one of your spells actually is sticking? Sometimes I see mages cast the spell that mirror images themselves, stoneskin, then the lightening under the feet... dunno what this one is for. Is it protection against missile dmg? What does protection from magic look like? And does it cause immunity against magic missles/melee? I've also seen fire shields and thats about it. Oh and the occasional invis.

Say a mage wants to buff....

**List buffs against magic spells here/what it can visually look like:

**Things that can knock this down:

**List of buffs that protects against missle dmg or melee dmg/what it can look like:

** Things that can nullify this:

Just wanted to add my inquery too.

Thanks for readin,
PeeWee