View Single Post
Old 12-13-2003, 07:29 AM   #10
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by ZFR:
But how do you make those custom scripts Dundee?
Eh? As in what? How I write them? Erm... just type them out would be the simpliest way I can explain it. It's like coding in a programming language, a very, VERY primitive programming language.

The basic gist of the language is sequential, with code-blocks having all the same structure.

IF blah-blah occurs
THEN my RESPONSE is blah-blah
END block

I managed to... mimic functions to a certain extent, but you can only wring out so much effectiveness from a sequential program that is as primitive as this. I already pride myself on knowing that I accomplished something that GB overlooked (his scripts are good, very good, but very bloated. I hate to simply copy other people's work though, so I started from scratch and early on (months ago in fact), used GB's work for reference. However, I know enough about AI scripting to strike out on my own now. I have a few handy scripting tricks up my sleeve now that to my knowledge, nobody else has ever used or thought of. ).

My dream vision is to have a script that is capable of... learning; but for now, I will be content with a script that can handle non-party-friendly AoE damage spells. [img]tongue.gif[/img] It's the bane of all IE coders.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote