View Single Post
Old 10-16-2001, 10:27 PM   #8
G'kar

Quote:
Originally posted by AzureWolf:
This is just a short question.
It asks how far you would go with your beliefs.

You are a US army soldier and you have just stumbled upon a smuggling ring, who are being paid to take Afgahnis families to safety. You find that Osama Bin Laden is among them and you find you have a choice.

The choice is thus:

You can let the people go thereby freeing Osama to stay as the figurehead of public terroism. He will escape you and be at large again. But you will have the knowledge you have saved a few hundred lives in the process.

Or you can call in a airstrike which will obliterate the smuggling ring, Afghan families, and Osama. Nothing in that area would survive. But you would have the knowledge that Osama was finally dead.

Which would you choose?

Just to add. This is assuming you CAN call in an airstrike in that moment. And tho choice I am giving you is "non-negotiable" to quote Bush. Without Elaboration please choose one of the above posts and descibe why you chose that answer. Pls I am not looking for elaboration on the choices.

This is not to judge you! I am simply curious as to how far people will go

So the question as I see it:
Do you sacrifice a few, for the presumed good of the many, or you save a few, and let one player get way til perhaps another day?

Save the few, although the thought of me calling in an airstrike is quite comical, considering I'm one of those pacifists . Bin Ladin on the run outside Afganistan would be easier to catch anyway.

In total non-reality, perhaps I'd try to persuade him to come with me, like I do with shoplifters, bring him in alive for a reward...
"scuse me, Mr. Bin Ladin....Would you come with me please. I saw you put that CD in your pocket, and leave the store without paying. We have you on film and an airstrike is on standby. Right this way please."