View Single Post
Old 03-11-2002, 10:52 AM   #1
Donut
Jack Burton

Did you feel it? It was on Saturday night and coincided with Lanesra and his surrogate brother Keith falling down the up escalator at King's Cross station. I have to tell you that neither of them would be classified as 'small'.

There is some dispute about who caused the fall. Both were drunk after watching the Arsenal v Newcastle match in the pub. They had consumed about 10 pints each.

In Lanesra's defence he has drunk more before and it is unlike him to take a tumble. Also Keith is known to be unexperienced when it come to travelling on the London Underground. Lanesra claims that Keith went first, he grabbed him saying 'it's okay mate I've got you' only to fall over him, pulled down by the sheer weight.

Keith claims that Lanesra went first and grabbed hold of him.

Lanesra and Keith tumbled to the bottom of the escalator like Gandalf and the Balrog in LotR. Slumped in a heap at the footr of the escalator, only inches from the teeth of the escalator, they struggled for minutes trying to get up. Each time they rose the escalator knocked them down.

A very helpful member of London Transport announced over the loudspeaker: 'Stop messing about on the escalator' to which Lanesra replied 'turn the f***** thing off then!' as he went down for the third time. Helpful passengers on the down escalators were ROTFLTAO.

Lanesra is covered in scratches and bruises, his hand, arm and back are hurting but I expect his pride was the most hurt. Really, it's getting to the stage where I can't let him out on his own. The match was a draw, I hate to think what would have happened if we had won.

Keith's response to the whole episode was a drunken 'are you sure we got on the right escalator?'

I am encouraging Lanesra to get a tape of the incident from the close circuit cameras under the Data Protection Act.
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show