View Single Post
Old 07-24-2002, 01:54 PM   #29
Alexander
Drow Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK: Yep they have dropped, rated at only 60% this morning...of course Bill Clinton never got that high so Im sure old GWB is shakin in his shoes.
NEVER? Hmm....I seem to remember old Bubba's exit approval ratings being in the high 60s, higher than Reagan's, even....in any event, at least Clinton didn't need a war to bolster his approval ratings.

Feel free to retract that statement before I inundate you with dozens of polls which will prove you wrong and make you look like an idiot.

Quote:
..... How come no one here is outraged that the democruds are refusing to allow any work to be done to help the economy untill after the elections?
First of all, I would appreciate some sort of respect for my party - I at least have the maturity and decency to refer to the Republicans without butchering the party's name in a pathetic attempt to be funny.

Second, last time I checked, the Republicans were in control of the House - meaning that Mr. Gephardt can't really set the agenda yet, since he is the Minority Leader.

Quote:
Gephardt and tricky Dick Army have been a little too vocal in cheering on economic problems and blocking any actions to alleviate the problems untill after the september elections...I would think that would piss some people off.....people...go figure
Hmm....you mention Dick Armey but still blame everything on the Democrats. Since you mentioned him, do you think people should be angry with the Congressional Republicans as well (there are more of them, after all)? That would be a first, I think...