View Single Post
Old 06-29-2003, 03:43 PM   #1
Lord Smite
Dungeon Master

SPOILERS--DO NOT READ THIS THREAD UNLESS YOU HAVE BEATEN OR ARE ATTEMPTING IMPROVED IRENICUS!!!
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
I need help with this fight. My character is a solo lvl 40 h/o barbarian. Im playing with all the usual mods, difficulty on insane, etc... I am outfitted with the shadow dragon armor, helm of balduran (or vhailors), rings of gaxx and preservation, cloaks of prot +2 or mirroring, improved boots of avoidance/speed. My choice weapons are crom faeyr, soul reaver, vorpal, impaler, dragons breath halberd, and throwing spear +3. My important HLA's are 8 GWW(1 mWW), 4 CS, 3 Hardiness, smite. 10 rages, slayer/ravager change.

So far a scroll of magic prot. with the ravager using smite and GWW HLAs allows me to kill off sarevok and the dragon. After changing back to human form I can easily dispatch the orb and the other beholders, wyverns, and liches. I keep the crom faeyr and cloak of mirroring by dropping them before securing the last tear.

The problem lies here. I can find no way to do any damage to the sword of greed, aside from the Ring of Ram, which only does a minimal amount. I know certain spells can harm it, but being a barbarian i do not have these. I can also find no way to damage to Irenicus, as he has seemingly endless prot from magic weapons (which he does, right?). The presence of the sword also makes it nearly impossible for me to focus on a method to kill him. Any ideas would be welcome.
Lord Smite is offline   Reply With Quote