View Single Post
Old 09-11-2001, 05:28 PM   #98
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Ryanamur:

Gabriel,

Once again, I fully understand the consequences of doing this. The idea here is not to stop terrorism... it's merely to displace the battlefield from our backyards to their backyards. The end result will be the same: people (and alot of innocent ones) will die. There's no two way around it.

I would rather nobody die and that we all live in a utopic society where everyone is happy. But, if I have to choose between my wife and children dying or the other guys wife and children dying... I pick the other guy.

You say you understand but I don't think you do, the act you suggest would lead to new terrorist that would move in secret, that would be worse, they might travel into the US uncover and it will start again, it not like they have terrorist written on their pass-ports. The only way would be to close the US so no one gets in, but there will be enough simpthizes in the US (friends fammily etc) for groups to appear in the US.
You can never remove terrorism from any country, it seed will allways exist. All such actions will do is to make people in others country simipths with the terrorists and that would make them stronger and less the Us in the worlds view. There is no 'Win' to such actions only 'Lose'

[This message has been edited by Gabriel (edited 09-11-2001).]