Thread: NHL Playoffs
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2006, 03:29 PM   #10
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

And my position, Aerich, is that those guys faced the Wings in the playoffs and bounced up to something far, far better than before. Doesn't mean they're journeymen now... but that thanks to the Wings, they found something better and more.

'Course, you're probably going to bring up some history or other facts that show that those guys were decent before... [img]smile.gif[/img]

As for the Wings goaltending, we don't have the mental dominance of a Patrick Roy (who we dominated and chased out of Montreal, BTW). We don't have the skill and focus of Hasek. We've got a couple of guys who know that they are part of a team, and will play well. I saw Legace making some impressive saves yesterday, and I also saw him lose his concentration. He's said himself that if the Wings don't go far, he'll probably be looking for a job next year. Goalie on the Wings is only second to quarterback for the Lions in terms of abused positions around these parts...

And on the Hit... as Ken Hitchcock said, he's a young guy and he's been welcomed to the playoffs. Hopefully he doesn't have to learn that lesson again...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote