Thread: Declare war?
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2001, 02:20 PM   #49
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
What is this craziness, Lifetime? I'm very surprised to hear this from you. How do you know that Middle Eastern people are even responsible? Do you know something we don't? And how does that make the US better, if they attack and destroy a nation of innocent people? Are those innocent people's lives cheaper, more expendable than American lives?

It's this kind of inflammatory statement that breeds hate and misunderstanding. Mindless violence begetting mindless violence.

Find out who was responsible and bring them to justice by all means. But to go off spouting hatred and violence against a group that you don't even know is responsible is insane.

I know emotions are heated right now, but be calm for God's sake! I don't even know if some of my friends who work in WTC are still ALIVE!!! and you don't hear me baying for blood.

Unless you meant your post as a sarcastic statement, in which case you forgot to use a smiley.

Memnoch, I agree with your conclusion, but not how you came to it. Lifetime never said the middle east, you did. He never said attack civillians, you did. I think that whatever organization perpetrated the attack should be held accountable. I'm not asking for blood or war, but I don't think it would be a good idea to let the whole thing go and make terrorists think that they can continue making attacks like this.

I think his post was not about saying our lives are more important, or breeding hatred and violence. I think he was just saying that we should, as our president says, "...punish..." those responsible.

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)

Member of CLAN HADB