View Single Post
Old 07-08-2003, 06:44 AM   #8
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

To the best of my knowledge, Moiraine, they are just completely out of luck. Enron went bankrupt and I don't know if the courts have made any provisions for available funds to be set aside for their retirement.

The part that infuriated me the most about the this whole deal was when Ken Ley's wife did a TV interview and claimed that she and Ken were now broke... well, except for the chateau in Aspen, Colorado, and 5 other houses they owned across the country. Meanwhile, some of Enron's former employees were wondering how they would find enough money to buy groceries each week.

Personally, I feel they should have frozen every personal bank account Ken Ley and his top exec's had - then used those funds to supplement the lost retirement packages of the former employees.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think Ley and the others should be left destitute {wellll, not completely anyway}...but if his spoiled rich wife is going to go on TV and claim they are broke, then she needs to learn what it is like to really be broke. Plenty of former Enron employees are facing that reality every day.