View Single Post
Old 10-16-2000, 01:02 AM   #4
Tobbin
Red Dragon

The bonus CD also has an extra merchant. This will give you 10 more items that you can buy too, but really, they aren't that necessary. I mean, the +5 sling of Everard is pretty cool (never runs out of ammo), but you don't really have to have it. There are some places on the web that you can download them (bonus CD's) from and yes, it will work with the unhacked version of BGII. I got the collectors edition and was able to find the bonus CD online. It's normally a setup file that will self install. At first I didn't think it did anything cause it runs and then it's done. You won't notice til you find the merchants where they weren't at before. Either way, you still have to buy the items. They don't come too cheap either. Most of the items are like +3 and do different kinds of damage. There's like a +3 axe that does acid damage or something like that, but I found the +3 flail from the de'Arnise keep and it seems to work pretty good for me. There are some other +3 axes and stuff in the keep too. Gobs plenty of spells, etc. I tried e-mailing Black Isle and asking about getting the CD's as a replacement to the 10 dollar refund from buying BGII and IceWind Dale at the same time, but they just sent me a catalog in the mail. Go figure. If you know of anyone that ordered it online and did get both the CD's, you could just borrow from them too. I have a copy of the bonus CD that I d/l'ed from the web. If you like, I could e-mail it to you. Just give me a heads up so I can tell you when I send.