View Single Post
Old 04-05-2002, 11:38 AM   #10
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Jorath Calar:
I don't see there is any diffrence from a palestinian terrorist bombing himself up and a israel soldier shooting bombs at a refugee camp or killing pregnant woman because they don't stop at a roadblock.

By the way how desparete do you think people must be to decide to bomb themselves up?

If Israel had any notion for peace they would pull their army out and give the Palestinian their land back which they only have claim for through the bible. So who are more fanatics?

I hope I didn't offend anyone but I have no sympathy for Israel, they are doing exactly the same as the nazis did to the jews.
Actually there are some differences let me enumerate a bit....

First off, you don't shoot bombs.
Secondly if you are approaching a check point with openly armed guards who give you orders in a language you understand and you act in a manner consistent with suicide bombers of your race, you can expect to be shot, pregnant or not since if you ARE a suicide bomber you will kill and injure more people than just yourself and your unborn child.
Thridly you are buying the palistinian propaganda by accepting at face values of the Jews acting like barbarians and terrorists. From my direct observations in the past and from knowing a bit about their tactics, I know that the Jews actually put great effort into not hurting people when they do not have to.

Now a terrorist who sneaks a bomb into a crowded bus and blows it up doesnt care at all who get s hurt.

4th The israelis should take and keep ground during these reprisals, it is with this ground that they can leverage a peace. In the last 20 years it has been the Palistinians who have scuttled the peace talks by commiting attacks such as suicide bombings while the talks were going on. Arafat has never wanted peace, he just wants to appear to desire it to keep support for him from the outside world.

5th if the Israelis really wanted to hurt palistinians indiscrininantly they could just wipe them out in one or two short engagements and kill them all. Syria, Jordan, Egypt and lebanon do not have the ability to win a confrontation with Israel if they go head to head. I commented on a briefing I read where even in the worst case scenario Israel kicks ass and takes names, but has its economy wrecked.

It is in Israels best interest to have peace but they will win any "war" that gets started.

Now Im not saying that the Jews havent on occasion crossed the line, but all in all, I think historicly they have been fairly reasonable about the matters at hand.

Well I hope you see my point.