View Single Post
Old 04-11-2005, 05:20 AM   #3
DinkumThinkum
Dungeon Master

I just started W&W recently too, and the folks in this forum have been really helpful with my questions. [img]smile.gif[/img]

If you check out the 'Best Tips' thread and use the forum's Search option, you'll find a lot of useful tips here.

One thing I did, that I do in most CRPGs I play: spent a little time playing with a trial party just to get a feel for the game, then I restarted and created the party I plan to play all the way through the game. Now that I have some idea what I'm doing and understand better how the game works, things are going a lot more smoothly than with my first party.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rogues: as Bungleau said, the nearest Rogue Guild is in Ishad N'Ha. And you won't be able to get there until you've finished up the Crypt in the starting area.

One of my characters is a Pixie Rogue, and she's doing just fine; not having a guild isn't hurting her any. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I put one point into her Sword skill and then concentrated on her Traps & Locks skill, and she's been a very useful member of my party.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

As far as targetting: move the mouse slowly and watch the pointer; it changes shape when you're over a target or something you can pick up. It takes a little practice; took me a while, and I'm still not great at it.

If you're having major problems, you might try going into Windows Control Panel and adjusting your mouse settings; maybe slow the mouse pointer down some so it's easier to control. (I'm not sure this will work: some games ignore the mouse settings in Control Panel. I don't know about W&W.)
Morrowind modder resources:<br /><br />PotionSaver script for Companions and other NPCs<br /><br />Teleport disable/trap and banishment scripts<br /><br />Morrowind mod:<br /><br />Unarmored Corrector V01 (for players)<br /><br />All on [url]\"http://lovkullen.net/Emma/Resources.html\" target=\"_blank\">Emma\'s web site</a>.
DinkumThinkum is offline   Reply With Quote