View Single Post
Old 07-18-2003, 08:19 AM   #5
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hierophant:
Heya.
Ok, well, I could use a little advice folks. See, last night was a pretty big one. To celebrate the new University semester myself and a whole bunch of friends went out and just got really really tanked. Clubs, pubs all that sorta stuff. Anyways, that's all fine and good, but I ran into one of my workmates that I'm quite good friends with while we were all out (she was pretty drunk too), and we ended up being the only two people of 'our group' still dancing by the end of the night. Now, I've always found her quite attractive, but kept it on a friendly/professional basis. Now, the two of us, dancing together, more than a little drunk, you really can't blame the careless, evil, lustful side of The Hierophant for rearing his head can ya? [img]smile.gif[/img] So anyways, started 'overstepping the bounds of friendship' so to speak, to which I'm pretty sure she wasn't all that keen. Now, seeing as it didn't exactly fly with her, we sorta just let it drop.

Which brings me to the advice I need.

We'll be working together on Sunday, doing the lunch-rush coffee making and all that. How do you guys think I should approach this? I was thinking that I'd just pretend it didn't happen. Keep it chilled, go on about business as usual. Drunken shennanegans happens all the time right? No worries. But have any of you guys been in similar situations? How did they pan out? Any handy tips? I've pretty much sworn off've binge-drinking after waking up this morning with a major hang-over, but then, I swear off've binge-drinking EVERY time I wake up with a hang-over

Anyways, take care all, and let me know if you have any ideas regarding this most perplexing dilemma [img]smile.gif[/img]
G'day mate, the dreaded drunken snog! This has happened to me a few times, with friends and ex-girlfriends. It all depends on how she feels about it I guess - and how YOU feel about it. I'm guessing you're chilled out about it and don't really care which way you go, as long as you don't damage the friendship. In that case, it will depend on whether or not she's uncomfortable with what happened, which will depend on the kind of girl she is. If she's an easygoing girl, chances are she'll realise that shit happens, people get drunk, hormones go on overload and all that, but at the end of the day there's no real harm done. In that case you can joke about the whole thing and it will actually enhance your friendship - it'll have that little bit of sexual edge - knowing that nothing CAN happen, but something just MIGHT. In this case, it's better to just have a bit of a laugh about it to break the tension, show there are no hard feelings, and prevent it from becoming a mental wedge between you two if you had pretended it didn't happen (because it DID happen!).

If she's a bit paranoid, then you might have to actually spell things out and clarify the relationship. I'm guessing that she's not that type of girl, though. [img]smile.gif[/img]