Thread: /)reams . . .
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2002, 01:32 AM   #1
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

It should be noted that this is a writing which comes directly from my subconceouse... for the past few nights I have found myself falling asleep listening to this song I also have been playing and beating alot of games latley seeing as I have notihng better to do in between college terms... well anyway... I've been having this reocurring dream for the past few days, and i have found myself remembering a majoraty of it every time I dream... some of the details don't make much since... but all I have to say for this is that... it might make a unique and interesting story... I will be posting bits and peices of it here as they come to me, and I will try to place it in as best chronological order as possible... and so... without further adue... let me introduce you to my mind... oh and the links will be links to songs which, if you want to hear while reading, might allow you to percieve the sound better...

Silence, darkness, a land ridden in soil with little plant life, a few sprigs of grass jet out from the dead earth here and there, the horizon extends as far as the eye can see, and then a holy voice calls through the silence...

A new dawn is come...

A call through the silence like an echo bekkoning to be heard, the sun, streams of light passing through the clouds, turning the dark blue earth orange, the clouds in the sky drift apart.

The lone man stands on the mountain ridge, watching the sun.

It is good. The earth is good. The plants and life all about are good, and so with goodness comes the equal evil that lies in man's will...

A drum sounds, the steel totems... the monolyths of a higher society gather and gain unto the spot of holy natural ground, forming pikes on which invisible heads have been layed, part of an intriquete design of men long since past, lifting up into the heavens, with megaphones blaring, the sound...

of silence... and then... a click... a record becomes screaching... and in no time... the sound of beating drums... of playing trumpets triumphanty announcing the comming of the new day withing an ear shot of everyone in existence... and with the sounds come a words of mortal men... long since passed... continuing their legacy through their immortalized words buried on a surface of a flat and round circle of life from which they can be eternal and forever resounding "AWAKEN PEOPLE! AWAKEN EVERONE! A New day has dawned! And a Beautifull day at that!" The trumpets overshoot the speaking and then silence... "AND NOW... The moment you've all been waiting for... HERE IS... THY KING!"

The Eternal Figurehead

Elsewhere, inside of a room, once quiet with empty chairs, now filled to the brim, no seat left unfilled, except for one... that of the ever observant man of the land, the man who prefers himself to the public... his seat has been unfilled, and yet unnnotied, for many months now... he has grown tired of what he has seen...

What has he seen? What has every mortal seen, the descending of their leader of coruse, ascending from an unseen office from which he seems to escape to every night, only to exit the door from each morning... he stands at the crossroads, the many uncumfortable seats before him filled with people, and their children, looking back toward him with a wonderouse gaze, his jet black hair and youthfull appearance, a thick double chin and elaborate clothing which litterally drags behind him for miles... and then the announcers come on...

like sports announcers they are... and they continue a timeless process which was started since before time was forgotten...

"AAAAND Here is is chuck! King Douglass the 15th! Still looking as Brash as ever!"

"You said it Bob!"

"Hahaha! Doesnt he look just Brash this evening?"

"Yes Quite brash!"

"And look he's going to make his choice... remember what they told you about the choice?"

"I Certainly do Bob, The king can either travel down the stadium stairs to his left or his right!"

"Thats right! If he descends down the right path then the king signifys his kingdoms eternal will to exist and that his descisions of that day will not..."

the two chimed in to speak it together...

"TRUTH! JUSTICE! PRESERVATION! AND HUMANITY!"

"And not once in 15 Generations of Douglass have we seen ONE be a lefty!"

"You said it Bob!"

"And he's going to make his descision now..."

The king began rubbing his chin, and the room fell silent... he took a step toward the left and everyone inhaled and ghasped, some even screamed, he then smiled and rose a hand and shook it as if to say "Not to worry" and then he started walking to the right... followed by royal guardsmen and his long flowing red cape, which seemed to keep screaming out of the doorway like flooding water, down the stairway , the puppet-like followers all around him clapping insainly at his presence, his valiant glow emminating through the room as he walked down, one woman speaking up "OH SIRE! I MUST SAY THAT YOU'RE LOOKING QUIET BRASH THIS EVENING!" "Marcy! shh! He's heard you say that the last 50 mornings!" "hahaha come now ladies theres no need to show fear in my presence! i am a king who follows my people! not my own will! I am here to serve YOU!"

and everyone rose their hands simultansouly "MAY LIGHTENING STRIKE US ALL DEAD!"

One of the Announcer/DJs in the booth put on a lightening sound effect, "hehe just fooling around folks..."

And so the king exited to a wall pained solid black and through an opening which almost mystically appeared, and out onto a paved walkway with rolled out carpet, he followed, his cape traling behind, through a hedge maze, with the cape continuing to trail behind, and finally he arrived at a doorway unfollowed by the loving public and he waltzed as cordially as possible into his office and dissapeared from view, to do the doings of a king...

Everyone began to disperse from their seating, but some sat back down again...

"Marcy... um arent you comming?"

"Im just going to stay here a big longer and pay my respects..."

"well alright..." The lady standing next to her jubuliouse freind stood up and had to walk around the knees of many sitters donig the same, menawhile the announcers conntinued to speak of EVERY single FOOTSTEP the king took through the maze and his office... the sounds being projected to eveyr mortal mans ears over the desert via the elaborate and ancient megaphone system...

finally the man of his land stood up and saw the poles retract...

by this time... the clouds had parted, and the land was seen orange and brown, the sky a deep blue, with sparse clouds... it was going to be another cool but dry day... a great day for planting, so the man of the land thought, and he began his timeless tradition started by his father who had just a while back... his dying words for him to care only to the land... and so... as the sky remained still and calm... so did the nature of the world...

And So a new day has dawned

-To Be Continued-
-Feel Free to post comments-