View Single Post
Old 06-01-2003, 12:55 PM   #10
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

[quote]Originally posted by Memnoch:
Quote:
*Minor spoilers*

The "too many uber chars getting uber too quickly" was quite apparent in Magician I thought, with Pug and Tomas in particular. I know a lot of time passes during the novel but we don't get that sense of pace and progression with characters that I get with Martin or Tolkien for example. And with Tomas it's all because he was lucky enough to get lost and find the find of a lifetime. Hia character depth disappeared after that.

Looking forward to Serpentwar though.
I found this rather irritating as well. Especially because I accidently read the Serpent War books first... However, if you consider that Feist based his books on his PnP roleplaying games, it becomes a bit more understandable
On another note; if you read all the books in the proper Chronological(spelling) order, you'll find the 'Legends of the Riftwar' and 'Krondor' books between the Riftwar and Serpentwar series. My recommendation; don't read them. Though they provide more details on some of the cultures (the Dark Elves, the Tsurani) they aren't really a part of the series. I've been told they were written by other authors, after which they placed Feists name on the cover. Though I actually enjoyed the second Legends book, its a waste of money if you are not a huge fan.

[ 06-01-2003, 12:57 PM: Message edited by: Dreamer128 ]
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote