View Single Post
Old 07-11-2001, 11:11 AM   #14
Kinslayer
Drow Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by MILAMBER:
I'm guessing it isn't going to catch on here in America.

Milamber, must admit I agree with you. But, only because it's called the Euro for the simple fact that is to be used in Europe, not America! Personally I would like to see Britain continue to stay out of the Euro as well. We've always had stronger ties with the Americans than we've had with any of the European countries and being an island nation we've remained fairly independent from the rest of the mainland. Also, when I see the French truckers blocking British ports everytime they have some internal working dispute and the way that the Germans refused to sell British Beef when the European Commission ordered them it was safe to do so it seems that the whole idea of a "European Union" is only adhered to by the big four countries when it is in their best interests whereas our great and benevolent Prime Minister only ever seems to get involved in Europe when he wnats the rest of the continent to walk all over us! The Euro as a currency has done nothing but flounder against both the dollar and pound since it's launch and I disagree with Britains strong sterling being used to prop up a week currency, our chancellor has already propped it up once with a high percentage of Britains gold deposits. In short, as a patriot and someone working in the financial environment I think Britain is better off out of it.