Thread: Hi Cloudy!
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2001, 05:51 PM   #3
Tobbin
Red Dragon

LadyRae, I know that your post wasn't directed to me, but I just wanted to say that you are one really special lady. I had a similar experience with a puppy I got when I was young, maybe 10 or 11. Even then, I understood that he was getting sicker and sicker. There wasn't anything we could do, but to let him try to live. I helped ease his suffering as much as I could. Kept petting him and playing with him (when he wanted to play) and showing him as much love and affection as I could until he let out his last gasp of breath and turned those sad brown eyes away in death. He lived for six months. It affected me greatly. I knew he was gonna die, and I knew there wasn't a dam* thing that I could do about it. But I understood mercy. Before that, I didn't have any clue. I'm an animal lover. Basically, anything living kind of lover. Except maybe insects. People have asked me if I am a cat person or a dog person, but really, I'm an animal person. It was hard watching him die. I buried David in our backyard, cause even though his stay with me was really short, he was family. I called him David, cause I knew he was a fighter. Just like the one that brought down his giant. He lived longer than anyone ever expected.

------------------

Death Waits 4 U ALL