View Single Post
Old 11-17-2005, 05:16 PM   #7
krunchyfrogg
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Zarr:

Timothy: Grandmastery isn't as big a benifit in BG2 as it would be in pen and paper as you don't gain the extra 1/2 attack in BG2. So you do benefit a bit but not as much as you should. You gain a bonus to damage and maybe to hit( I'm not sure exactly haven't played the game for a long time) in BG2 (like pen 'n' paper) but as stated not the extra half attack.
There is no "grandmastery" in pen and paper. You are either not proficient, proficient, or specialized in a weapon (+1 hit/+2 damage, extra 1/2 ApR).

The grandmastery "fix" will almost definitely help the enemies more than you, unless you're playing with at least two characters who can get past specialized, IMO.

BTW, you still do get better as you add points without the "patch," but it isn't as much as if the grandmastery rules were like they are in BGI and IWD.